Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ordeal

For the ordeal, we will have to return to The Landing. The ordeal there is clearly the point when the boat Ben and Henry are on fllods, and Ben has to try to save Henrys life. Instead of giving my wordy summary, I'll skip right to my question. If Henry had been nicer throughout the book, would Ben have tried harder to save him, and would things have ended differently?
No, probably not. Ben tries increadibly hard and is terribly upset when he fails, but on the otherhand, a larger emotional connection could have caused an adrenilin rush that may have saved Henry. I'd bet that the authour wouldn't thin k of that though, also if Henry lived, it wouldn't have any emotional appeal. So overall, I don't think Henry could have lived in any instance whatsoever. But, if anyone reads this who has read the book, your oppinion would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment