Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Tests, Enemies, & Alies

Since Thus Spoke Zarathustra isn't very good for archetypes, I have decided to resort to a book I read at home. Earlier in the year I had an interest in Dante Alingheri's Divine Comedy. I gave up after finding it increadibly irritating, but finished most of the first part, Inferno.
In Inferno, every new canto brings new tests or enemies, all of which are a different form of trial, and all of which teach Dante something. As they pass through the inferno, Dante's allie Virgil will coerce many demons to permit them passage, and take them closer to their destination. These minute conflicts must be the tests, enemies, & allies because they are to common, and too easy to resolve to be anything else, and Dante has already left his ordinary world.

4 comments:

  1. Certainly Dante's Inferno would be a great one to use for an archetypal study. Can you include a direct quote that will help to support your claims?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mrs. McConkey; it might be a good idea to add a quote. I haven't read this book, so it might help me to better understand what you mean.
    You could also add a picture of the cover of the book to help the reader to connect to what you're writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both Jessica and Mrs. McConkey. It's hard to visualize what the book is about without the cover to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Mrs. McConkey however I don't know if the cover of the novel would help with anything, although it may make the post a little more interesting. However I don't think it's that big of a deal for this post in particular.

    ReplyDelete