Friday, May 21, 2010
Mentor
In response to the mentor question, I must say that my novel has none. Zarathustra serves as his own mentor, with no help from others. He is the mentor, to himself and others. His teachings come from excessivley long monologues through which he occasionaly gets an answer to what he was looking for, most of the time he becomes off topic and shrowded in metaphore, but he does teach himself plenty. He fits the mentor roll completley, except he is mostly teaching himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is very interesting that the novel does not have a relevent mentor, so do you think the novel would improve if it did? Great entry though!
ReplyDeleteNo, the appeal of the concept is that Zarathustra has had all theese breakthroughs in thought completley by himself, I think that someone teaching him would make him much less mystical.
ReplyDeletei agree, I had never thought of how Zarathustra had no mentor. He learned by himself, that is true intelligence
ReplyDelete